INMED Family & Youth Opportunity Center Programs
Download schedules for our Family Education classes:
AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM & ACADEMIC ENRICHMENT
INMED’s Family & Youth Opportunity Center offers educational and complementary programming for elementary school children who lack access to the county’s after-school programs. Our After-School program operates on Monday through Thursday from 3-6 pm. Activities focus on:
- Homework Completion: INMED volunteers work weekly one-on-one with children to instill a daily homework discipline.
- Tutoring (all subjects-elementary) and Middle school math: Students enrolled in the after-school program receive one-on-one tutoring on Monday through Thursday. High school students provide math tutoring on Saturday morning. Registration is required for both.
- Academic Improvement Plans: INMED’s staff works directly with LCPS teachers and guidance counselors to help at-risk students succeed.
- Self-esteem Building: Via INMED mentors and other activities, children discover their potential and set goals for success.
- Enrichment Opportunities: INMED volunteers and staff lead age-appropriate STEAM related, cooking workshops, music lessons, art classes and skills development, including mindfulness exercises, to enhance learning objectives.
For more information, contact Yahaira Hanon at 703-729-4951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
INMED’s Family & Youth Opportunity Center offers several sessions of weekly day camp during June, July and August for low-income children aged 5-12 to keep them academically engaged and to avoid learning attrition over the summer break. Camp is held Monday through Friday from 2-6 pm. Activities reinforce elementary-level education in the form of:
- Science experiments
- Arts and crafts
- Group games
- Physical education and recreation
Contact Yahaira Hanon at 703-729-4951 or email@example.com for more information.
FAMILY EDUCATION AND SUPPORT
The INMED Family & Youth Opportunity Center provides education, services and resources that families need to raise self-sufficient children and build strong family units. Some of our offerings include:
- Healthy Families Loudoun County: In-home educational and support services for pregnant women, teens and families with young children. A family support manager works one-on-one with each family to give children the best possible start in life and to ensure the children remain healthy, safe and nurtured.
- Child Development and School Readiness: Moms & Babies Class and other directed play groups for parents of infants and toddlers promote socialization, early literacy and developmental stimulation.
- Financial Literacy: Community and center-based education on budgeting, money management, banking and credit for youth and adults through curriculum-based class series.
- Parenting Education: Center and community-based classes in Spanish on topics, such as health, parenting, fatherhood, healthy relationships and domestic violence prevention.
Download schedules for our Family Education classes or contact Gester Pino for more information: 571-465-2375 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For ancillary support services, contact Yahaira Hanon at 571-465-5996 or email@example.com.
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND JOB READINESS
The INMED Family & Youth Opportunity Center partners with a variety of other organizations and educational institutions to provide skills training and development to youth and low-income adults. Offerings include:
- Job Readiness: Services to prepare youth and adults for productive employment and economic self-sufficiency, such as computer access for job searches, applications and resume development and job readiness training.
- ESL Classes: INMED offers free weekly ESL classes on Saturday mornings to improve English language proficiency.
Contact Yahaira Hanon at 703-729-4951 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a schedule of classes or other information.